“Yoohooooo, I’ll make you famous ” !!!
Oooooooooh an award. I do. I accept. Yay me…..
Oh I mean, I won ?! Who me ?What a big surprise. I’m honoured. Thank you.
Dear Mrs Carmichael. I do love the way you “do” awards. I get to choose my award from your (very impressive, albeit not surprising) grand haul ? Perfect.
Well …..I have chosen……”The Sisterhood of the World ” Bloggers award. Try follow my thought process on the reason why, if you can……..
Firstly, I always loved the name of that movie: “Sisterhood of the Travelling pants”. I don’t believe I ever watched it, I just thoroughly enjoyed the name of it. I loved hearing it said, I loved seeing it in writing. “Sisterhood of the travelling pants”. What does that even mean ? Who cares. Its wins with a name.
This leads me to the next part of my thought process as to how I got my nomination from Mrs C…..
Pants, or in this case, underpants. Or as we like to call them, “knickers”. Mrs Carmichael and I have bonded over my knickers hanging on a line.
Sound a little creepy ? Good, I love a bit of creepy talk
Ahhh alright, so I have a photo of some cute frilly girly knickers hanging on a line as my blog header. Mrs Carmichael shares my admiration for said knickers. I in return share Mrs Carmichael’s love of mannequins and synchronised swimming. Quirky perfection.
As part of the award receivership process I need to answer the following questions. Here goes:
1) What is your favourite colour?
First question and I’m already finding this tough. My favourite colour changes often. I’m rather fickle. I recall not that long ago declaring ” I am not a pink girl” and asking someone ” do I look like a pink girl“? Then not so long after I had a sudden burning desire for all things pink. I amaze myself sometimes.
My favourite colour is currently…….. pink.
2) What is your favourite animal?
Pigs. Yes really. I once lived on a pig farm. Pigs are smart, funny, not as smelly as you would think, and get to roll around in mud without anyone judging them.
3) What is your favourite non alcoholic drink ?
Water. The elixir of life ! If its not wine, its water.
4) Facebook or Twitter ?
Facebook. Hands down. I am all about sharing photos, and keeping in contact with friends and family on distant shores.
5) What is your favourite pattern ?
Ok – this is a random one isn’t it ? So following Mrs Carmichael’s lead on this and have posted this pic of a Simplicity pattern. Would love to know if anyone can pick why. Just look at the main male model. Look like anyone ? Have a guess. Go on.
6) Do you prefer giving or receiving presents ?
7) What is your favourite number ?
8 – Because when I was younger I was taken to the races and I had a bet on a horse that won. It was number 8. So naturally at the age of 11 that made sense.
8) What is your favourite day of the week ?
9) What is your favourite flower ?
Daisy. Today anyway.
10) What is your passion ?
Yikes. What ? I have a million …… I couldn’t even begin. Lets just say travel, chocolate, people, adventure, fun and life in general.
So as I sit here with my turban ( bath towel) wrapped glamorously around my head in my award ceremony outfit ( t-shirt and boxer shorts ) preparing for bed, I am feeling quite chuffed to be nominated for an award by a blogger who I wholeheartedly admire. So thank you.
And to the (incredibly)rapidly growing number of people I don’t know (yet) who are reading – thank you for sticking around. I hope to continue to entertain and humour you with my quirky outlook on life and inner monologue that I try to translate into something coherent for you to read. Amen. God bless. The end. **Insert dramatic award winning tears here**
To comply with the rules, like the Grammys, I have to, whilst typing, wear an outfit that does not reveal décolletage or derriere.
I must link to my nominator.
Post pic of award.
Answer ten probing questions.
And nominate 10 – 12 soon to be gleeful recipients.
Time to pass this “trophy” on to some of my favourite lady “sisterhood” bloggers and explain the rules”
1. “Where is my backpack” – Ailsa never fails to entertain me with her blog !
2. “Continental Drift” - Lisa G new to the blog world, a dear friend, and a brilliant writer. I am excited to see her posts each time they come through.
3. “Wander one Day”. I am really glad to have found Jen’s blog after she gave me some feedback on a WordPress post a couple of weeks ago !
4. “Writing Between the Lines” – Naomi, thanks for the support and encouragement you give me. Oh and I enjoy your blog immensely
5. “Dadirridreaming” – another wonderful supporter! I find peace just clicking on your blog home page Christine. Thank you !
6. “Esenga’s voice ” – I always enjoy your beautiful posts.
7. ” A year in the life” – Olivia, I enjoy your blog immensely !
Go forth and be “sisterly” ladies !